Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Big boy class

Ryan started in the next class up at school yesterday! They had put him in there for a few hours at a time before to ease him into it. I have been very impressed with the way his school has handled the transition. They didn't make him move up just because he had turned 1. They waited until they thought he was ready. On one hand, I am glad for Ryan to get to move up. He had 2 buddies that had moved up before him so I am glad that he gets to play with them again. They moved 2 other of his friends up with him so he should not feel alone in the new class. This class is more structured than his old class. They have a nap time and lunch time. Don't know how in the world they make that work! They have one of those tables with seats build in that they put the kids in to feed them. They will feed him food from the kitchen which makes me a little nervous...just because I am not there to watch to make sure he doesn't choke! I know they do this every day and they are very capable. I did make them aware of his eating situation but they said that he ate very well today :) Something else that me happy is Ryan is having his first school party...Valentine's Day!! I got to sign up to bring goody bags for the 10 kids in his class :) I am super excited! But the more I think about it, what in the world do you put in goody bags for 1 year olds?!

On the other hand, I am a little sad that he has moved up in school. His old teachers, Mrs. Kelli and Mrs. Angela, loved Ryan and took GREAT care of him. They were an answered prayer! I prayed that God would make Ryan have a special place in his teacher's heart and He did that.

I know that this is something that we will go through every year as he grows...new teachers, environments, friends, challenges. Some will be great...others not so much. I pray that we will always be able to protect Ryan while he is small and help him as he grows to handle things on his own too. But right now, I just want to cuddle him close and cherish these days of him being our baby boy...these are the days!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of Ryan making it to the big boy class and I know his teachers will just love him...how could they not?? I know you love being able to be involved in his class and bring treat bags...we need more parents like you in the schools!!! Ryan is one blessed little boy!

    ReplyDelete