Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Valentine's Day was on a Monday this year! What a way to start the week! Michael said that he had something little planned so I was curious....and I love surprises, even little ones :) Michael had been organizing/cleaning out/setting up/getting electricity to his "barn"...it's the storage building in the back yard that is shaped like a barn. Michael loves it. It is one of the reasons he wanted to buy our house. Seriously. He wanted it to be kind of like a man-cave. Well, his plan was to fix dinner on Valentine's Day and for us to eat out in his barn. He ended up not being able to leave work early so the cooking plan did not work out. He had to get Carrabba's instead...YIPPIE! I could eat there every week for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy. We had a lovely dinner in the barn. It wasn't too cold...just right. We brought Ryan's high chair out there and he at his dinner with us.
Michael has his work out machine, radio, tv, dvd player and refrigerator out there! It's actually really nice now! He had some scrap carpet that he put down that makes it cozy.

Michael got me the new book by the Pioneer Woman "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels"...the love story of her and Marlboro man :) Can't wait to read it! I got my Valentine a book called "Back yard Ballistics"...a book about how to make potato guns and other very romantic things. I am all about the romance :) Michael got Ryan a book about a dog that travels around Texas with his owners in their travel trailer! So cool!


Michael also got Tin Roof ice cream...one of my very favorites! I love him.
and him :)

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea the barn had "stuff" in it. It even has things hanging on the walls! Oh and you will love that book. I've read it up to her and Marlboro Man's wedding because it's on her website (read it at work over the course of several days!), but I need to buy the book so I can see what happens after the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'm guessing you still can't comment on my blog. Got to figure out what's wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Valentine's Day!!! I want to get that book too! I love the barn/man cave by the way :)

    ReplyDelete