Sunday, February 6, 2011

This is what...

70% chance of SNOW showers looks like.
Or at least PREDICTED 70% chance. My favorite thing was that the weather people were trying to convince us they were RIGHT! I heard one of them say "the weather came through this morning just like we predicted". Um, no it didn't. It WAS very cold (for southeast Texas), rainy and there was ice of over passes and LOTS of wrecks.

If they predict it, it will not happen. It must be UNpredicted. This is what I have learned.

Thankfully, the 3 of us got to be home (off of work!) and cozy in our house! It was a great day. I was literally giddy the night before knowing I would be home all day with my boys and not have to get up too early and not really have to get ready! I loved it.

I blogged about our snow last year (2009)...

But I don't think I was blogging when it REALLY snowed the year before (2008). We were living in Beaumont and they didn't really predict it to snow here (from what I remember). It was supposed to snow close to us but we were NOT supposed to receive 3-4 inches! It was miraculous! Jenny called me at 2 in the morning to tell me to look outside...scared me to death! Michael and I got up for a while...went outside and froze. Michael went back to bed but I sat up for a long time at the kitchen table watching it snow and sitting there is disbelief! I am not exaggerating when I say it felt like a spiritual experience (I think Jenny said that first but it is true!) Amazing.

This is Ryan on a very cold day in his cozy wozy outfit! I have to say cozy wozy because it is SO soft and cozy! (Thank you Ricky and Janet!)

2 comments:

  1. Um yeah our snowstorm this year left much to be desired. Like, snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was dissapointed too! I was off work on Friday and so excited for the big snow day :(

    ReplyDelete