Friday, August 26, 2011

Yakking

A while back, Micheal bought a kayak.  The cool kids call them yaks.  Apparently I am one of them :)

He was excited to take it to Wildwood to put it in the lake.  We are still in a severe drought and have been praying for rain for weeks.  All it took was for Michael to put his kayak in the water and look at that sky:

Right after I took this picture, we took the 15 steps back to the truck and it started POURING!  It hasn't rained that hard in MONTHS! I was cracking up....but a little nervous because it was also lightening and thundering like CRAZY!  

Chelle and I went out the deck to see if we could see Michael and that is him in the distance:
It rained for 30-45 minutes and then it cleared up and was beautiful!
The lake at Wildwood is SO low.  All this green grass is usually water.  
We need more rain please!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! You would know the minute he got in the lake it started raining :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is from the deck at your parents house?? Seriously no water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from me (Alecia) by the way :)

    ReplyDelete