Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Girl's Weekend!

Alecia, Michelle and I had a trip planned to Houston for a girl's night but because of her move, Michelle was not able to make it :(. But Ellen got to come with us :) We had such a good time!  I am glad I am to the point that I am ok if I leave Ryan for a night...every once in a while :)...far, far in between!

We went to our hotel, The Magnolia, in downtown Houston and were able to check in early.  Alecia had the names of a few restaurants close to the hotel so we walked past a couple of them until we decided to stop at Treebeards.  We finally figured out the they must have gotten their name from moss in trees...treebeards!

I had chicken and sausage jambalaya, salad and jalapeno cornbread...so yummy!! It was a neat, cafeteria style restaurant but did not have the cafeteria style or feel to it at all. Very cool.

Every time I am in downtown Houston, walking somewhere,  (which is NOT often!) I remember how neat downtown is!  It has a little of the New York feel...a little :)  

After lunch we walked back to the hotel and went to the roof top pool.  This is the view of Minute Maid Park.
We walked to the Astros game that night to watch them get their butts kicked 8-1.  Oh well, we had fun anyway!  And they had fireworks after the game so a lot of people stayed till the end instead of leaving early.

I love The Magnolia Hotel!  It is so clean and modern. I love that they have a free drink at happy hour and free cookies and milk at bed time. I love that they have a awesome breakfast included in the price too. So yummy!
I also love this old church that is right across from the hotel.  This picture does NOT do it justice.  It is beautiful!
I had a GREAT night of sleep that night :) and the next morning we went to Rice Village to shop.  Things we did there:  drove by some of the gorgeous houses that are near there and ohh and ahhh like crazy people, decided on a wedding dress for no one in particular (wink), spend an enormous amount of time at Pier 1, like we don't have one here too (but I got an AMAZING deal on a rocking wicker chair that is so comfortable. Normally $170...got it for $42 because of a minor flaw!!!), fell more in love with my iphone because of the walking directions on the Map app that lets you type in the name of a place that you want to go (ie: La Madeline's) without having the address and it gives you directions to the 2 blocks that you need to walk to get there...amazing, had a great time with some wonderful ladies!

1 comment:

  1. So sad I had to miss it but so glad y'all had a good time!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete