Friday, January 29, 2010

Catch up...

Somehow I have not written anything about my birthday :) I had a WONDERFUL day! (Jan. 5th) The night before, I went to eat with Michelle and Alecia and we had a good visit...as usual :) I love them. Then they came back to the house to see Ryan for a bit. Ryan had a weird night...didn't go to sleep till 1:45 a.m. I took a shower about midnight and when I got out Michael and Ryan had a gift for me...since it was technically my bday :)

I loved getting to spend all day with Ryan this year! We went to meet Aunt Jenny for lunch and then went to the mall. By the way, apparently all the stay at home mom's go to the mall during the day...there were SO many mom's out there pushing strollers around! I was proud to be one of them!

That evening, Michael surprised me with dinner in the Bodle Tree House! Our friends, the Bodles, have the coolest tree house in the woods behind their house...you have to see it to understand how neat it is. And I don't have any pictures. So sorry. But just imagine...take a flashlight through some trees and walk up the stairs with candles lit guiding your way...go through a screened door into this sweet one room tree house with big windows looking out on the deck which is covered with white Christmas lights. So beautiful!

The next day we headed to Nacogdoches for Michael's great uncle's funeral and from there went to Frisco to spend the weekend with the Johnsons :) We always have a great time with them...and the birthday celebration continued! We had cake and more presents and Natalie, Caroline and I got pedicures. It was a great way to end birthday week! And maternity leave :(

Anyway, this week has been much better with Ryan. He is on new medicine and you can tell how much better he feels! Thank the Lord. We just stare at him everyday and are amazed at him. We cannot believe he is ours! What a gift.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had such a great birthday. Michael had a great idea to have dinner in a tree house...I would love to see pictures of the place sometime, it sounds beautiful! Ryan looks so precious in all the pictures and I love the Star Wars outfit :) ly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok how have I never heard about this tree house at the Bodle's? Or have I and as usual I just don't remember? Who knows...Love the Ryan pics, especially the first one where he is looking at you. He loves his mama!- Alecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at those chubby legs! love 'em :)

    ReplyDelete