Thursday, January 21, 2010

Changes

Sooooo....I started back at work last week. Yuck. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else but I sure wasn't ready to go back. My parents, Michael and his parents all took a day (I went back to work on Wednesday) and got to enjoy spending time with Ryan. So he started work with me this past Monday...

Not the best picture of Ryan (I think he was starting to yawn) but this is us on our first day of work! He did really good....up until today. Ryan has had reflux the last month or so and it is causing a rattle sound in his breathing (no runny nose just doesn't sound good). He has been on medicine but it wasn't really helping. So we went back to the doctor and he put him on breathing treatments. Look how sad this is...

He really does pretty well with it though. They told us not to strap it to his face since he is so little but hold it close to his face. It is definitely working...which causes Ryan to choke a lot and gag on drainage. Yuck. "A means to an end" is what I keep telling myself. I am totally guessing but I think Ryan might have been nauseated today because he was fussy ALL day. I left work at 2 because it was pointless to be there! I felt so bad for Ryan. We got home and after an hour or so he finally went to sleep and slept for 3 hours. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Ryan, I will be praying that he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so sad! But, he doesn't look like he minds it at all, so that's good.

    Alecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The breathing treatments are so sad. I know. But they really DO work. I hope Ryan begins to like working with mommy. Have you thought about a slinglike Traci Hammonds had when Kaeden was little? It may help him be close to you while keeping your hands free.

    ReplyDelete