Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weekend

We had such a nice day today! Some friends from New Orleans came in yesterday for weekend visit and we went to Kemah today. I had not been in a few years and it seems the amusement park ride part has multiplied!

There is a huge roller coaster that I did not take pictures of...it's massive!

It seems like it has been so gloomy, rainy and cold lately. It was so nice to be outside on such a beautiful day! We ate at Cadillac Bar (mexican food) and Marble Slab of course!

I must say that I am a proud mommy because Ryan did SO GOOD all day! He seemed to enjoy being out and about :) Last night was not very good because Ryan did not seem to be feeling good. He is still having a lot of drainage and is choking up and gagging, not all the time but randomly. But last night was the worst it has been. He kept choking up and getting mad/frustrated/scared...not sure which but it might have been all three. And the more he got choked up, the more worked up he got. We tried to calm him down for awhile but it was the breathing treatment that finally calmed him down...the noise of the machine to be exact. He always gets very calm when we run the machine. I have heard of people who run their vacuum cleaners or hair dryers to calm their babies down and I can see that it might work! So needless to say, I was so very happy that he was so content today! It makes me feel good when he feels good.

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl and I am pulling for Indianapolis! I just realized this week that I guess I am "supposed" to be a Saints fan. But I have never been and I am a Peyton Manning fan so that's my story :)

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a great day! We never used white noise with Lizzie but I know several people who have white noise machines in their baby's rooms. I also saw on ebay that some people sell cds that are hair dryer sounds, vacuum sounds, or even clothes dryer sounds... Hope he has a good night tonight. Beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad ya'll got to enjoy the pretty weather this weekend. Kemah is a great place to be on a pretty day! Poor Ryan..this is just an idea, but you might want to try a fan for the noise. I sleep with one and it works for me...I seriously can't sleep without the noise :)I am excited to see you and hopefully Ryan this weekend! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete