Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HE DID IT!!!!!






Ryan started walking today!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!  

He has been making big progress lately but even yesterday I noticed how shaky he was at times.  Well, he apparently figured it out today!! His Grandpa took him to physical therapy today and they were happy with the progress he made this week. He went home with his Grandpa and spent the afternoon playing with his cousin, Laura, and grandparents.  Mike called to tell me that Ryan was walking across their living room and down their hall!  He sent me a video and he was taking 16-18 steps!!!  This evening when we got home, Ryan and Michael played in the back yard and when they came in, we started practicing walking...and we were BLOWN AWAY!  HE GOT IT TODAY!!!  The balance, strength and confidence came together!  First he walked from the living room into the kitchen to see me. Then he walked back to Michael.  This video is of him walking from the dish washer in the kitchen to our bed room!!  He then proceeded to walk around the house all night.  At one point, Michael counted 83 steps in a row!  

We could tell how proud Ryan was of himself.  He would walk to me, then turn around and say "daddy...2" and be ready to walk back into the living room to daddy.  (Ryan's way to count right now is saying "2". When we practice walking, I say "1, 2, 3-go!" and Ryan says "2-go". :) As soon as he would get to daddy, he would say "momma...2".  Back and forth.  Or he would walk into our bed room, completely out of our sight and we weren't even in there, and go over to our bed.  We were in shock!

It feels a little surreal. I was sure I would cry my eye balls out when he started walking but all I have done is smile!!  I am so happy!  
What a way to start our Thanksgiving holiday :)  We are SO THANKFUL!!! 

2 comments:

  1. So happy he is walking and I know how thankful y'all are! This video just makes me smile! Yay Ryan!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Great video. I know y'all are happy. Karan

    ReplyDelete