Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reflection

Yesterday was a fun day! I did get a lot of things done! I am planning on working in Ryan's room a little this afternoon and I will take a picture to put on here. It was SO nice to be out in the cool air! I am not the only one who thought this apparently...everywhere I went, there were TONS of people. Everyone had their winter boots and scarfs on! I thought it was funny but I can totally relate! We all grab on to ANY opportunity to wear our clothes for cool weather!

I had a moment of reflection when I was standing in line at Hobby Lobby (cause you KNOW there is always a line at Hobby Lobby!) I remember last Christmas season I was there and literally everywhere I turned, I saw a pregnant lady. I thought to myself "you've got to be kidding me! Is this some kind of a joke?!" There were THAT many! I know that is how it is. When you are waiting for a spouse, all you see is happy couples everywhere you go. When you are waiting for a baby, it seems babies come out of the woodwork. Anyway, back to my reflection :) I had a moment of thankfulness as I was standing in line that this year I get to have the blessing of being pregnant. I am SO very thankful! Also, I thought about all the other people standing around me and that I have no idea what they are going through, just like all the ladies last year didn't know what I was going through.

Pastor's message was so good this morning. The main message was that God loves us, gave his Son's life for us and wants to bless us but it is up to us to accept His gift of love. So many people just don't accept it!! Another point was for us to look for opportunities to meet a need for others and look for ways to make others feel valued. It made me think of yesterday and with the holidays coming up, looking for ways to bless others and letting them know that you care and He cares what they are going through! I know that I will be a little busy this year (as we all will be) but I pray that I will have and take the opportunities to care for others! I know I am thankful for all the people who take the time to care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment