Wednesday, March 18, 2009

25 Random Things About Me...


1. I love my new last name...King. (but I still have to spell it to people, like I did with Arceneaux, because people think I say "Keen" I think) (ironically, when I tell people my first name on the phone, a lot of times people think I say my name is Peggy.  Katie. Peggy??!!  Weird.)


2. My sister and I have the same face...and people tell us that all the time :) By the way, I am SO happy to have a sister. She is the best! 


3. I LOVE to work in the yard and garden. It makes me happy! It is therapeutic for me to be working outside. But I HATE it when the mosquitos start to attack me.


4. I LOVE to watch HGTC and The Food Network.


5. Unfortunately, I am a little bit of a germ-a-phob. I am totally weird about my feet touching the floor or sitting on a comforter at a hotel. I cringe when I see hair in the shower that doesn't belong to me! I know that it won't hurt me but I can't get passed it!


6. I had to wait until I was 28 to meet Michael but thankfully we got engaged 2-1/2 months later and married 4 months after that so I didn't have to wait to get married very long after I met him!


7. I have a great job, working for great people. I have been there 10 years. That makes me feel really old.


8. I ALWAYS have to be doing something else while I am watching t.v., whether it be look at magazines or play on the internet. I can't just SIT there.


9. I have the greatest parents in the world! And they are working out of town right now, so I miss them! Actually, they live 45 minutes away so I always miss them! We are all so busy, we never get enough relaxing together time.


10. I enjoy cooking! I just wish I had more time to cook and more ideas!


11. I am trying to learn to sew. I have the sewing machine all threaded and ready...now I just need to have the time to start a project!


12. Michael and I remodeled our house a few months after we were married. I would not recommend this to newlyweds...unless you are both handy people who like to paint. It was NOT so great for our marriage!! But we made it through and learned some great lessons. However, we will NOT be doing that again!!! :)


13. I have 3 nieces! They are all so precious! Chelle is 7 and she lives in Corpus Christi so we don't get to see her near as often as we would like. Hopefully, she and her momma can move back closer to home soon. Kate is also 7 and she is such a dainty beauty with strawberry blonde hair! Her sister, Laura is almost 2. She is so funny and opposite of Kate! She is red headed and feisty! And so, so cute of course! We pray for our nieces often that the Lord will meet their needs, keep them safe, fulfill their desires and that they would seek His direction for their life.


14. I LOVE NYC! I have been there 4 times and would love to go back!


15. I am 31 years old. How is that possible?


16. I do not like scary movies. I will remember them in detail when I am alone and I do not like to be scared. If I accidently see one, I will probably wake up in the middle of the night and slide my foot across the bed to make sure Michael is still there. 


17. I love to look at magazines! I have subscriptions to Better Homes & Gardens, Southern Living and Family Circle (remember....I am 31). My sister has a subscription to US Weekly (my Christmas gift to her!) so I also get to read that too.


18. I am not a creative dresser. I don't accessorize like I should.


19. I am blind as a bat without my contacts. What did people with bad eyesight do before contacts/glasses? I would be literally handicapped. (Are bats really blind?)


20. I HATE confrontation and conflict....to a fault.  I will avoid it at all costs.  It makes my stomach hurt.  I need to grow up.

21.  I love watermelon!  One of the many reasons I get excited in the spring is because I know watermelon season is right around the corner!

22. I am not a very good swimmer. I was too scared when I was little to take lessons and I don't like water up my nose!

23.  I was home schooled almost my entire school career.

24.  I do not own ONE pet.  I am not really a animal person. I don't NOT like them. I just don't want to have to own one and take care of one.  Michael and I actually had that discussion on our first date (don't know how that came up!) but he is not a animal person either.

25.   I love fall, winter and spring!  Summer is just too miserable here and I sweat way too much.  (the one bright spot...watermelon :)





2 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved reading these! You are such a great gal! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #16-me too!
    #23-didn't know that about you!

    ReplyDelete