Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

Ever heard of the Warrior Dash? I had not until a few months ago...but apparently it is a BIG deal! Our neighbors, the Dillons, were doing it and told Michael about it. Michael signed up and started "training" on January 1st :)

The Warrior Dash is a 3-1/2 mile run with an obstacle course built in. Some of the obstacles were hurdling fire pits, a wind tunnel, a big rope climbing thing that you had to climb up and down, the tire thing where the tires are laying flat and you run through them, and my personal favorite, army crawling through mud. Niiiice. (there were more obstacles but I can't remember them all)

Here are some before pictures:

Some people dressed up:
The guy above makes me laugh! I didn't even know he posed for the camera until I put the pictures on my computer! The best part is that I was standing right at the start of the mud pit. So this guy went from clean and posing into this:
The mud pit. I stood there for probably about an hour and laughed so much! It was the funniest thing to see all the people. Some of them did the cannon ball into the mud...some people dove in (uuuhhh...not smart people)...some tried to tip toe in so they wouldn't get dirty. And they usually ended up on their booty! Loved it!

Here are some after pictures:
Cody is proud of his medal that says "Warrior Dash Finisher"!


I am very proud of Michael for doing it! It was a challenge but he enjoyed it. And he finished 520 in his age group :) There were a LOT of people who ran. Thousands. We were SUPER impressed with Beth (who we did not know was a runner!) She finished somewhere around 40 including ALL the ladies!! Whoa nellie!

It was a fun day! A big thanks to Auntie (Jenny) and Uncle Chris for keeping Ryan. We were gonna bring him and at the last minute decided against it. SO glad we did that. He would have been miserable. Maybe next year I can run.....

1 comment:

  1. How much fun!! I did something like this in college except it was mud football. I had a blast getting all covered in mud. You should do it for sure next year!

    ReplyDelete