Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First off, I forgot to put this on my post about Mother's Day...it's the first Mother's Day "school" project Ryan made me :) (If you can't tell, that his yellow foot print :)
Last Saturday Ryan went to his first "friend" birthday party! Look how handsome he looked:
His friend Gavin was turning 1 year old! He is SO cute and when I picture Ryan at 1 year, I kinda picture Gavin. They both have BIG blue eyes. dirty blonde hair and big smiles :)
(Don't worry this really wasn't an open mouth on mouth kiss!! It was a check kiss and was very manly...you had to be there ;)

Gavin had a great time with some cupcakes and BLUE icing...his momma is a brave woman!

On Saturday evening, we camped out in our driveway in our new/used travel trailer! We bought it when we went to the Woodlands a couple weeks ago. Spent a few night cleaning it from top to bottom last week and now it smells and feels so clean! We have looked at travel trailers for a couple years and were sure that when we came across the right one, the Lord would give us peace about it. We are excited about the memories we will make as a family!


(Ryan is a LITTLE obsessed with the lights in the trailer...can you tell?)

He also loves the BIG bed that he gets to sprawl out on:


Ryan is just a joy...loves to smile and laugh and cut up :)

He loves to play with his daddy:


Ryan had his first taste of baby food today! (besides rice cereal) He loved it! Ate the whole little container of squash. I tasted it too and was pretty impressed! Yummy!

I wrote a couple months ago that Ryan was getting 2 teeth...well....they never really made it in! (I was not alone in my thinking...the doctor was the one who said 2 when I had just thought 1!) It seems they came right up to the top of his gum and stopped maybe??! (don't really know if that can happen but anyway....) There has been some action in his mouth lately....he is doing weird things with his lips and making funny faces...like he is chewing on things or is working on something in there. Maybe this time it will be for real :)

I keep meaning to write about this so that I won't forget....Ryan loves the Christmas song "Silent Night". Always has. I would sing him ALL kinds of Christmas carols during the hours of nursing he did when he was first born. I loved it. I pulled out all kinds of Christmas songs...every single one I could think of. I would sing "Silent Night" and he would almost immediately get still and quiet. I would sing another song and he would get fussy again...and back to "Silent Night" and back to calm and quiet. It was amazing! I still sing it to him when he is fussy and he still likes it :)

3 comments:

  1. I can vouch that teeth do pop out and then retreat! :(

    He is so cute Katie! I love the pics of him enjoying the bed -- he looks so HAPPY!!! He is such a handsome fella -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures of Ryan..keep them coming! He is too cute! I am so glad ya'll got a camper and I know you will have so many great family memories from all your trips in it. Maybe we can take a friend camping trip in it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan is such a sweet boy! Aaron and I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with both of you at Gavin's party. Love the camper...we want to get one down the road as well for family vacays...fun! =)

    ReplyDelete