Monday, April 19, 2010

Going visiting...

I am trying to blog once a week...which means I must make myself do it when I should be asleep! If not, it won't get done!

I wrote that Ryan is 5 months old now but I forgot to write this: He is 27 inches long and 17lbs 5oz (on Monday...then he lost weight when he was not feeling good=not eating good...so Thursday he was 17lbs 2 oz.) He has been eating better the last couple days so I'm sure he is gaining again :)

Last Friday evening, we went with Aunt Jenny and Uncle Chris to the Village Creek Festival! I think Ryan enjoyed it :) He loves to look at everything...and he had 4 people wrapped around his little finger! We are really enjoying living in Lumberton...even though there are 1 million cars headed to Lumberton at rush hour, it still feels like a small, country town.

We decided last minute to go see my grandparents in Lake Jackson on Sunday. They had not gotten to meet Ryan yet...isn't that awful?! My granddaddy is not doing very well. He has a stroke 12-ish years ago and numerous ones since then and he has Parkinson's disease also. He keeps hanging in there though! I was so glad that he got to see Ryan! He was so very sweet with him. When we got there, I was holding Ryan face out and his feet were dangling in front of Granddaddy....he immediately grabbed Ryan's feet and was squeezing/playing with them. When we were sitting beside him, he took his blanket (it had to be 80 degrees in there!) and covered Ryan with it. He kept handing me kleenex to wipe Ryan's drool and nose. Then when we were going to leave, I held Ryan out close to him so he could get a good look at him and he put his hands under Ryan's arms like he wanted to hold him! So I sat him in his lap...they both did so good!



Apparently, the couple days before we went, Granddaddy had not been doing good so it was good to see him in good spirits and doing pretty well. One hard thing is I could not understand him when he was trying to speak to us. There were a couple times he was trying to tell me something but he doesn't have a voice right now. :( Hurts my heart to think about that. We will rejoice with him when he is whole again!

We had a good visit with my Uncle David, Aunt Sherry, Grandmother, Amy and Joe too! Joe texted me today that Ryan was the best medicine Granddaddy has had in a long time. I hope so! Ryan really is such a good sport. He lets lots of people hold him and is pretty content doing it too! When I take him places, people always comment on how good and happy he is...and I have to agree! (Although he is NOT happy right now when I put in IN his car seat...he will be fine a minute later but the getting in, he is NOT a fan of!)


Ryan is feeling better...still coughing up junk but doing better. Oh, how we love him! He makes our life happy(er)! He lets me read books to him, which makes me very happy!

(He looks GInormous in this picture!)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your Grandaddy got to see and hold Ryan for the first time...what a sweet picture of them :) I had so much fun visiting with you, Michael, and Ryan on Saturday. I agree that Ryan is such a happy and good baby..I loved getting to hold him and seeing his sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you reading to him!-Alecia

    ReplyDelete