Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend...


This past Saturday, Michael and I went to Galveston for the day.  It was such a nice, hot, low humidity, rare August day!  I don't think I have mentioned that we got a Jeep Wrangler a few weeks ago. We took it to Galveston with the top off.  Fun!  


We went to the white sand beach at Moody Gardens.  It was pretty nice...there were a few too many people there and the water wasn't super clean.  Example: We decided to leave after we were relaxing in the water and a BIG band-aide came floating by us.  There is not much that grosses Michael out but that did it! It still makes my throat contract when I think about it!  YUCK!  So we left there and went to the Strand for a bit. We saw the water line for how high it was during Hurricane Ike. The water would have been over our heads on the Strand.  Pretty scary.  But most of the stores were open and busy!  Then we ate at my favorite hamburger joint The Spot.  Yummy.  We had a good day and are trying to consciously enjoy these last few months of just 'us' time.  


The beach and water was actually not too bad looking. It looked a lot better than the chocolate milk that it usually looks like :)  

And of course, Michael had a good time because he has to put the jeep in 4 wheel drive :)

3 comments:

  1. too fun! Love your mommy baby bump, miss/love you guys, and please tell Mikey to take good care of my Jeep since he's going to sell it to me when I move back to the states. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ya'll had so much fun. I didn't know there was a white sand beach..I guess you can pretend you are on the beach in Cancun :) I love the picture of you in the water with your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where's your bikini? show off that belly, ha! looks like you guys had a great time! enjoy your "us" time, it will never be the same, but it will only better with kids!

    ReplyDelete