Monday, August 10, 2009

Hot Summer Nights



This past Saturday, Michael and I went to the Hot Summer Nights ride on 11th Street.  It was the neatest thing!  There were literally thousands of people lining 11th Street with their children, lawn chairs and bbq pits!  I have lived here my whole life and never knew of this sub-culture of car lovers :)!  Michael has told me about this weekend before but we have always been out of town on the weekend it was held.  There were so many old cars!  One thing we loved seeing were grandpas with sons and grandsons all hanging out and enjoying a past time together.  

We drove up and down 11th Street a few times and then found a parking spot at Checkers.  A car like the one below stopped at the stop light in front of us.  Next thing I know, he is revving up his engine and flames are coming out of the sides...on purpose!  I was sure it was gonna blow up right in front of us!  Needless to say, the crowd went wild :)  


Michael says the one from the other night had straight pipes coming out of the sides and it had a better paint job then this one I found on the internet. 

It's fun to enjoy something new!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I can totally see you and Michael driving around in one of those one day :)

    ReplyDelete