Monday, February 23, 2009

Yummy!

sooooo...I was at H.E.B. as usual for a Monday after work and the lovely lady with the microphone by the frozen section (who I usually ignore) caught my ear.  Chicken Chipotle Chili.
SO YUMMY!!  I have the hardest time coming up with ideas for dinner that are easy-ish, quick-ish and healthy-ish.  My own 30 minute meal...

Chicken Chipotle Chili
1 cup HEB Ready, Fresh, Go! Diced Sweet Onions (I used 1 regular onion)
1 cup HEB Ready, Fresh, Go! Diced 3 Color Bell Peppers (I used 1 regular bell pepper)
3 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
2 teaspoons HEB brown sugar
1 can (28oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
1 can (19oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast ( I used some leftover rotisserie chicken & it was really good)

1. Cook onions and peppers in oil in a large pot over medium high heat until golden brown.
2. Add chili powder, Mrs. Dash and brown sugar. Stir for 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes and black beans. Reduce heat and stir in chicken.
 
(it says to serve with Jalapeno Cornbread but I just put some cheese on it and ate it with a few plain doritos ...oh, and a dollop of daisy (sour cream)

It looks kinda boring to be honest so at first I was a little disappointed...but then I tasted it and YUMMY!  For some reason it tastes so good!

Do you have any recipes that you want to share? I would love some fresh ideas...

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I just caught up on your blog entries. I am really enjoying 'reading your mind'. The new chicken recipe sounds great...dinner tonight! Also I'm looking forward to visiting the new restaurants when we get home. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete