Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Post about Ryan #762

No pictures today...just some memories:

Ryan likes dogs.  Sometimes he likes them from a distance only and sometimes he likes to pat them.  He calls them "puppy dawg".  He's got a little Texas twang :)

When we went to see my friend, Carrie, Ryan got to be around her 2 cats.  He was calling them "puppy cats". 

Ryan loves pineapple.  He calls it "apple apple".  I have worked on getting him to say pineapple but it hasn't happened yet.

When we got home the other day, we realized that we were out of batteries for Ryan's racetrack...oh dear!!!  So Michael ran to the store for batteries.  I told Ryan what was going on and he kept saying "daddy...ba ba bee" (batteries).  

A couple of posts ago I mentioned that Ryan was saying his sweet "nnnnOOOOOOoooo" to everything.  I had been working on getting him to say "yes" when the answer to the question should have been that.  Now Ryan says "yeSSSSSHHHHHH" to a lot of things :)  He makes the cutest face when he says it...big toothy smile with "yeSSSHHH" coming out of those teeth :)

Ryan has been walking so much more on his own...meaning without us encouraging him to.  All his own idea. With this walking thing, the whole process has seemed like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. At first he was gung ho, full speed ahead.  Then he drew back some.  He is getting so much more stable, even standing in place some and is steady.  The other night, it was just Ryan and me at home. I was in our bedroom closet and Ryan was playing in the living room. I heard his footsteps coming down the hall and he came and found me in the closet!  Walking all on his own!  This is a major answered prayer.  What I have been praying for lately is that Ryan would want to walk, it be his idea and desire and that he not want to crawl.  So this was very encouraging to me!  He does things like this regularly now.  He walks now in situations where a few weeks ago he would have just crawled.  Progress!!

Ryan is doing better at putting 2 and 3 words together.  I may have already written about this but this is a typical Ryan conversation when I am changing his diaper: "paw paw, paw paw's bi tru (big truck), Nana, mege (what's he is calling Grammy right now) paw paw's bi (bike--motorcyle), paw paw's hat (helmet), Lala (Laura), Kate, She-Shee (Chelle), Auntie, Amy". He likes to go down the list of people he knows and loves.  

I haven't written about his lately but during the past couple of months Ryan has been sleeping better...some nights.  He has random nights where he sleeps great!  And not so much the next night. Who knows.  But I am so thankful for the good nights!!

Ok, I lied.  Here's an old picture:
What happened to our chunky monkey?!

2 comments:

  1. I love to read all of these little things about Ryan. Keeps me up to date even though I don't get to see him that much. I need to move to Lumberton or something! And yay for him walking to come find you in the closet all on his own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and that picture. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete