Monday, September 19, 2011

Cinnamon rolls

Jenny and I have been wanting to make Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls and we finally decided to do it!!!  A while back, Poppi told us that he loves cinnamon rolls but he can't ever find them with raisins. So we thought, why not make him some?!

Early (9:00) Saturday morning, I went to Jenny's house and we got started!  

To start the day off, I ruined the first batches of dough by putting the yeast in while the liquid was too hot.  The dough would not rise.  The mistake cost us 16 cups of flour and 4 pouches of yeast...and 3 hours of time!!  That was the most annoying part.  This was us watching to see if the yeast was active:
Finally, we got action!!
The first batch was kinda messy but we got a little better by the second batch. They turned out pretty and delicious!
It should have taken us about 4 hours to do this but we had a 7 hour day due to the early mistakes :)  Oh well, we will know better next time!  Jenny and I don't get a lot of hang out time so I had fun being with her.  And now we have cinnamon rolls in the freezer!

On Sunday, we delivered the rolls to Poppi.  I think he was excited about them! Or maybe it was just getting to see this cutie :)

2 comments:

  1. That was so sweeet of y'all to make cinnamon rolls for your Poppi! I am sure that meant so much to him! They look so good! I will have to try that recipe. I have the cookbook but haven't made anything yet. That will be one of the first recipes I try :) Love the pic of Ryan sitting on Poppi's lap...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps forgot to put my name on the last post!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete