Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whoa!

What happened to me blogging?!  I have no idea!  We have been busy but with no major things to write about.  So I will try to catch up...

The last time I posted about our day to day life was Easter?!  Oh dear...

We went camping for Mother's Day weekend.  It was GREAT weather...low humidity and beautiful!  Our neighbors went with us and we had a great time hanging out together. 


This is our Mother's Day picture
 The remainder of this post will be very random!

This is an up close and personal Ryan picture :)
I LOVE watermelon.  My boy LOVES watermelon. :)
 It is possible that Ryan may be my helper in the kitchen.  He ALWAYS wants me to pick him up so he can see what in the world I am doing up on the counter tops...he gets very still and concentrates on what I am doing.  I let him "help" me make some oatmeal
cookies.


Ryan and daddy racing :)
Ryan likes to color!  It is so cute to watch him :)
Ryan sleeping with his booty up in the air
To say that Ryan likes riding on Grammy and Paw Paw's golf cart would be an understatement! He looks way to big in this picture.
Ryan was standing up at his toy box  and saw a toy that he wanted...but had a hard time getting to it.  Both feet off the floor.
Ryan started doing this all of a sudden one day.  He did this over and over one night....and hasn't done it since  ??
Ryan loves to watch his daddy work in the yard...one day he will be following him around like a shadow :)
Michael and I went away without Ryan for the first time since he was born...first night for me to leave him!  We all three did well. I was excited to go so I must have finally been ready!  We were SO excited to see Ryan again the next day! This was just before he left for Grammy and Paw Paw's house!
Michael knew that we were going out of town but he didn't know where.  It was fun to surprise him!  We went to eat at Freebirds for lunch and then went to the Museum of Natural Science.  They have a big Texas exhibit this year since in is the 175th anniversary of Texas independence.  Michael has been wanting to go and we both enjoyed it! This picture is Michael being Michael :)
We stayed in downtown Houston and it was great to take a long nap and hang out by the pool and look at a magazine!  Loved it.  We walked to a Mexican restaurant a few blocks down 

and went to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar...it was very fun!  Not too bar-ish really...just 2 guys playing the piano and singing. They were amazing!  They wanted requests from the crowd and played all sorts of music...Brown Eyed Girl, Twist and Shout, Wave on Wave, Devil Went Down to Georgia...a huge variety of music. We were amazed that they knew all the words to the songs!  Truly talented people! 

We didn't stay too long...we were ready for sleep!  I still woke up probably 6 times....ugggg!  One day my hormones will level back out and I will stop dreaming and waking up!

The next morning we slept late and ate brunch at Waffle House :)  Then we hurried home to get Ryan!! We missed him so much!  He had a good time with Grammy and Paw Paw though...and his cousin Chelle was there some too.


Now I am almost caught up!  I will post again soon and try to stay more up to date!






1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the pictures especially the one of Ryan sitting in the grass..I love the coloring! I am glad y'all had a good time in Houston and that Ryan did good on his first night away.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete