Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happenings

I am SO behind on my blogging. I will try to catch up soon!

Here are some things that have happened in the last couple of weeks:


1) Ryan is officially waving! I love it. He waves with his hand facing back towards him :) He says "Hi" (really it is haaahaaahaa).

2) Ryan will give high 5's! Fun!

3) He is doing less crawling and more hopping. I think he thinks he can move faster that way. And he IS pretty fast with it!

4) Since he turned one, I weaned him from all breast milk to where he is now on all whole cow milk. It did not seem to be a hard transition for him, thank God. He is doing great. Oh, and letting your milk dry up…NOT the most fun thing ever :)

5) I took Ryan to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor who thinks that all of the symptoms that Ryan has (runny nose, cough, chest congestion/rattle) all stem from acid reflux. Ryan was on medicine for that when he was about 6 weeks old and the medicine helped so much! But I took him off the medicine when he seemed to outgrow the reflux (the spitting up). He also had 2 ears full of wax and had fluid in both ears with a ear infection in 1. The doctor cleaned his ears out and put him on medicine for the infection. Ryan is back on reflux medicine and I am praying that all the other stuff will go away now that we are hopefully treating the problem and not just the symptoms.

Ryan has also been having a hard time eating anything with any texture to it or basically anything more than stage 2 baby food. He will get choked up and throw up whats in his tummy. Poor thing. The doctor said that is also a sign of reflux. Again, I am praying that the medicine works to help it so we can move on to some yummy food and not baby food anymore!


6) Ryan likes to crawl over to us now and pull up on our leg. I will be standing at the sink and he will crawl over and pull up to his knees looking at me :) like "HELLO...don't you want to pick me up?"

Just a few happenings that I wanted to document...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you may have found a solution to Ryan's congestion, food issues, etc! I'll be praying that this is the problem and he'll start improving soon!!

    ReplyDelete