Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vacation 2010...part 2

We had a good time in Austin. I had not been there for 12 years so I feel like I don't know the city at all. We stayed at a camp ground in town so we were close to everything. They were working on the capital but it was still very pretty.
We also went to the Texas History Museum and we both really enjoyed it (Ryan took a nap:) There is a ton of information and it was good to be reminded about the history of our state. Another thing I was very excited about doing was eating at the Salt Lick! We had seen them talk about it on the Food Network and it looked good...and it WAS! Oh my, it was delicious! The meat was cut with a fork tender and moist and the BBQ sauce was delicious and very different from anything I had had before. I was trying to figure out some of the flavors and one thing that I think I tasted was BUTTER. Can't go wrong with that! Yummy! We sat on the enclosed front porch...loved it!

This is the huge pit inside the restaurant
We also went shopping at the HUGE Cabela's there. They had a TON of taxidermy-ed (sp?) animals there...some animals I had never heard of! Ryan liked the big aquarium with tons of huge fish! I had to put this picture on here so we can remember how bad Michael's eye was...he had pink eye most of the trip and at this point it was pretty bad. He had to buy some grandpa sunglasses to keep as much light as possible :) Shouldn't have put a smiley face there...he was pretty miserable.
The glasses
On Friday, we headed to Lufkin for the annual King family reunion. We stayed at Uncle Ernest and Aunt Glinda's house. We stayed with them until Sunday evening and got to visit with them, Natalie, Brandon, Caroline, Peter, Amy, Dennis, Kate and Laura. We had such a good time just getting to hang out. I love see Ryan having fun! I could tell that he loved being around the kids that are bigger than him but at least closer to his size :) He squealed and cut up and was obviously enjoying himself!
I thought he looked so handsome in his outfit for church
It was good to be away for 10 days but it was also good to get back home :)

2 comments:

  1. He gets cuter every time I see him -- LOVE reading your blog! I think it is awesome that you guys take these little trips together - such great memories in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the grandpa sunglasses were AWESOME! I wish I could've been there to make so much fun of Mikey. Ha! And Ryan is getting more flipping adorable by the day. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete