Friday, September 3, 2010

No more...

Ryan has decided that he is too big to nurse! I cannot believe it! It all started when he bit me (you know where) a couple weeks ago...this is what happened when I pumped at work the next day...

Gross, I know! (it looks worse than it was...it just hurt for a couple seconds) I watched carefully when he was nursing and it wasn't bleeding but something with the pump seriously sucked out the blood! Needless to say, I didn't pump on that side until it healed up (just a day or so).

He did try to bite me a couple times after that but nothing too serious :) He is getting some more teeth in so I think he is just wanting to bite anything he can.

This past Monday, he didn't want to nurse. Every time I tried, he would throw his head back and cry like I was being mean to him! What the HECK??!!! So I pumped and gave him bottles. That night he nursed during the night but wanted no part of it in the day light. And he has not nursed since!! I have tried several times since and get the same response. I think he is SO over it!

I admit to being a little sad about this. I SO loved nursing! I might have already written this before but since this is my good bye post to nursing I will say it again: I loved it! Every time! Love the closeness with Ryan. Loved knowing it was so good for him. Loved him needing me to nourish him. Loved it being SO soothing to him. Loved getting to sing to him and talk to him as he ate. Loved having my hand free to touch his head and face and love on him. Loved the miracle of it all. Not that it was always easy...but I still loved it.

Before I had Ryan, I didn't really get it when people would say they loved, enjoyed nursing. I knew I wanted to nurse but enjoy/love it??!!! Huh?!

I get it now.

(This sounds a little dramatic! Seems like I have been that way lately! Oh well :) I will continue to pump until he is 1 and can drink cow milk. Until then, I will be the cow:)

2 comments:

  1. Such a flippin hot momma cow too Katie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I feel the way you did before you had a baby. I want to and plan to nurse because it's good for them, but I can't fathom enjoying it! Loving it even! I will trust you on it though :)

    I like your "I will be the cow" statement! Too funny.-Alecia

    ReplyDelete