Monday, April 20, 2009






Summer's almost here...











and this is my first watermelon of the season!!  AND it is SUPER YUMMY!  I have always loved watermelon.  I have good memories of eating it in my grandparents backyard at the picnic table. My granddaddy loves watermelon too.  He would always have a huge vegetable garden but I don't think he grew watermelons.  I have attempted to twice!  But I failed.  Here is a picture of my watermelon patch last year:

















and this is one of the watermelons that started to grow:


But.....sadly, the bugs got it. And the 4 others that started to grow.  Oh well...it was a waste of time. But I can say that I tried!  

It is so much easier to buy them anyway :) 

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I see a watermelon I think of you. I know how much you love them. So sad the bugs got your watermelons last year! I have never tried to grow them, but yours looked great.

    ReplyDelete