Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thoughts

I have been thinking of the actuality of bringing a baby home!  Whoa nellie.  I don't know why I haven't really thought about it in depth until now.  Maybe a subconscious self-preservation thing...but the fact is in about 11 weeks, we will bring home a baby that we are 100% responsible for!  What a responsibility!  

I have been around babies my whole life so they don't really SCARE me.  I have a ton of younger cousins (I am 2nd oldest of 21 grandkids on my mom's side alone) and I loved helping take care of them when I was younger, but thats been awhile. We have three nieces but I have not been around a baby boy much lately.  I am thinking of the things that you don't think about until the baby is YOURS.  Immunizations, soap, circumcision, sleeping position, feeding schedule...the list goes of for miles. I was laying in bed the other night picturing this baby that will be our blessing from God...for life!  

We go to childbirth classes this week...another thing that I have intentionally NOT thought much about :)  But now is the time to start!  I know we have a lot to learn and I am eager to. Breastfeeding class is in October and CPR class early November.  I'm so thankful that they offer these classes at the hospital.  

3 main things I am praying for about childbirth:

1) I would really LOVE to not have to have a c-section.  But if necessary, that's fine.  Just praying that Ryan gets in the right position and things progress as they should.

2) A good delivery nurse!  I think this could make or break your experience!  

3) Ease with breast feeding. I know some people who have had an easy time with it and some people who have not.  Praying it won't be a struggle.  I will do it either way though.

I realize that I still have 11 weeks to go :)  Just thought I would share some of my thoughts right now.  

1 comment:

  1. you are both going to be great parents.
    I am sure everyone is giving you advise, so ignore if you want, but just having all these thoughts not too long ago myself and going through it, i will say...everything will fall into place! it's so great to be informed and know what is going on and all your options for everything, but dont worry about making a wrong decision. It will all work out. And with God on your side, He will make sure all things work for your good (Rom.8:28)...you, baby and daddy. Labor usually never goes as planned, but you will look back and not be able to see it any different. I will be praying for a great labor nurse; that is awesome you are praying for that. He will make sure of it. One suggestion: make sure someone in the room has actually had a baby and gone through it too. And breastfeeding is hard work, but so worth it. And God made our bodies to provide all the baby needs, it can be done without formula (as long as you and baby are up to par). I was able to do it for 13m. and uriah didn't have any thing other than breastmilk for 6m. One thing that helped me make more milk was drink a lot of water. love you girl and can't wait to see pictures of ryan!

    ReplyDelete